Application Guidelines - 2019-20 School Year
Deadline: September 23
- To apply, register for the Call for Scores program online HERE or by calling 212 501 3360. The application fee is $15. If selected, the tuition is $600 (grand total: $615). (Full and partial scholarships are available to qualified students.)
- Submit a score (and a recording if one is available; MIDI is acceptable) of one original composition via email to email@example.com.
Due date: September 23, 2019.
- Applicants should be from 8th grade through first year of college.
- Applicants must be self-identified female, gender non-conforming or non-binary composers.
- Composers who have already participated in Luna Lab are asked to wait a year before applying again.
For questions about eligibility, contact Alyssa Kayser-Hirsh, Operations and Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If travel costs to New York City pose a financial challenge, please still apply. While we cannot guarantee that we will cover all travel costs, funding is available to help facilitate Fellows’ attendance at the premiere of their work. Requests will be considered on the basis of need and available funding.
"We cannot live in a world that is not our own, in a world that is interpreted for us by others. An interpreted world is not a home. Part of the terror is to take back our own listening, to use our own voice, to see our own light." - Hildegard von Bingen, 10th century composer & philosopher