Kaufman Music Center seeks to hire a part-time Front Desk/Receptionist to greet and assist all students, staff and visitors on weeknights and weekends. The ideal candidate will be a welcoming, efficient presence in our lobby, providing the highest level of customer service. The candidate must be able to relate to many different constituencies, both internal and external; promote a positive work environment; handle room assignments and financial transactions; juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and be a proactive problem solver. Must be proficient in MS Office and Outlook, and be able to quickly learn new software.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills – both in person and over the phone
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Communicate openly and effectively
- Welcoming, friendly demeanor
- Excellent people skills and ability to relate to both adults and children
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word
- Ability to multi-task, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience with scheduling software and access control software recommended
- 2+ years’ related experience required; bachelor’s degree preferred
- A music or performing arts background is desirable
- Greet everyone who enters the building, making sure they show ID or sign in and out
- Direct visitors and announce them to the administration before sending them upstairs
- Reserve space for studio rentals and maintain records for current studio renters
- Handle financial transactions for studio rentals and classes; reconcile daily cash transactions
- Communicate with maintenance regarding building needs, setup requirements, etc.
- Answer telephones, direct inquiries and deliver message promptly
- Sign for packages and deliveries
- Compile mailing list requests and assist with clerical tasks as needed
$15 per hour.
The position is approximately 15-20 hours/week.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Front Desk/Receptionist. Please indicate in your cover letter how your experience matches the needs of the position. Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.
Kaufman Music Center is looking for part-time Ushers to join the front-of-house team at the renowned Merkin Hall. Morning, matinee, and evening shifts available. Weekend availability preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing courteous service to our patrons
- Directing and/or escorting patrons to their seats
- Enforcing house rules and late seating policy
- Assisting with fire code safety procedures
- Setting up and operating the coat check room and concessions stand
- Other duties assigned by house manager
- Exceptional customer service ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience in a concert hall/theater
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Usher” in the subject line. Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.
Kaufman Music Center is seeking a part-time Box Office Associate for Merkin Hall.
- Maintain the highest standard of customer experience
- Sell tickets in person and via phone
- Respond to all phone inquiries and messages
- Print batch tickets for mailing
- Fill comp lists
- Organize will call and distribute at events
- Catalogue and fill mail orders from brochure mailings
- General assistant to box office manager
- Any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Capable of carrying out a wide array of duties
- Works well in a team environment with minimum supervision and is responsible and flexible.
- Box Office or visitor services related experience preferred.
- Previous experience with Tessitura ticketing software is strongly desired.
$15 per hour, part time
Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Box Office Associate in the subject line. Applications will be kept confidential.