Play an Instrumental Role in the Future of Music Education
Kaufman Music Center educates young people in music so they can become innovative thinkers, engaged citizens, and dynamic leaders who make the world a better place. Each year, we help more than 4,000 young musicians discover a lifelong love of music.
The Fund for Music Education ensures that our students can access our outstanding education programs, regardless of their financial means. At Kaufman, children from all backgrounds can:
- Gain a Transformational Music Education tuition-free at Special Music School (M. 859), the city's only K-12 public school that incorporates music courses into the core curriculum;
- Receive a Scholarship for music, dance, or theater studies at Lucy Moses School, New York City's largest community arts school;
- Perform Works by Living Composers as part of Face the Music, an innovative youth new music ensemble; and
- Explore Musical Theater through Broadway Playhouse, which presents concerts free of charge to students from New York City’s underserved Title I public schools.
How You Can Help
Your gift today will help Kaufman Music Center provide outstanding education programs to thousands of New York City students who are passionate about studying music. Here are some of the ways your support could make a difference:
- $10,000 – Provides a full year of world-class music education to one Special Music School student
- $5,000 – Underwrites a Face the Music concert
- $3,000 – Underwrites one Broadway Playhouse performance for 200 children
- $2,500 – Provides one scholarship to the Summer Musical Theater Workshop
- $1000 – Underwrites one student recital
- $200 - Tunes a piano